Job vacancies at SCIE
The Social Care Institute for Excellence is a national charity and improvement agency which improves the lived experience of people using social care.
We do this by working in partnership with people with lived experience, commissioners, organisations which provide care and policy makers but we are independent of any specific sector interest. We influence improved outcomes through a range of activities including consultancy, policy development, research and evaluation, audits and reviews, training and the production of evidence-based tools and resources.
To help us implement our ambitious new strategy we are looking for a number of experienced, adaptable, highly motivated and outcome-focused individuals to join our fantastic team that makes evidence-based improvements for people with lived experience of social care by achieving the following:
- Driving improvements in social care locally , through our consultancy and improvement support offer to local authorities and other local organisations, to help local partners to develop and execute sustainable plans which improve outcomes.
- Influencing better policy and practice nationally through our policy and influencing work
- Supporting better safeguarding everywhere through our safeguarding audits, reviews and training so organisations are confident we have made their organisations and their services safer.
First and foremost, we are looking for the right type of individual, someone who is interested in the vision and values of the organisation and who wants to make a difference.
Current job vacancies
We currently have several permanent roles available and offer benefits including a 35 hour week and flexible-working. We are moving towards being a remote and home working organisation, location is flexible across the UK though once it is safe to do so you will need to be able to meet in a central London location or, depending on the role, to clients when necessary. The roles available are:
- Research Analyst – Between £30,975 to £36,441. Closing date: midnight Tuesday 22 June 2021.
- Honorary Treasurer (Board of Trustees) Closing date: midnight, Monday 5 July 2021.
- Safeguarding manager (permanent, full time) – Between £38,202-£53,933. Closing date: midnight, Tuesday 6 July 2021.
- Safeguarding Principal Auditor and Reviewer (permanent, full time) – Between £38,202-£53,933. Closing date: midnight, Tuesday 6 July 2021.
- Safeguarding Principal Auditor and Reviewer x2 (two vacancies, fixed term for 1 year, full time) – Between £38,202-£53,933. Closing date: midnight, Tuesday 6 July 2021.
- Digital Content Developer – Between £30,975-£36,441. Apply as soon as possible.
- Digital Developer – Between £30,975-£36,441. Apply as soon as possible.
How to apply:
If you want to be part of a great team that is passionate about improving social care, then please apply now! For your application to be considered, please include the following:
- Completed application form, or if the form is not accessible for you, a full curriculum vitae (CV) and a covering letter explaining why you would be ideal for this role and addressing all the points in the person specification for the role.
- Please also include if you are applying for the role as a full-time (35 hour) or part-time capacity (if part-time, how many hours per week) and your notice period in your current role.
Please send all applications and supporting information to firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies or consultancies – we are looking for experienced individuals
UK resident applicants ONLY. You must already have the right to work within the UK
You may be asked to take a test as well as attend an interview, which would take place online and/or at SCIE's offices in Baker Street, London.
Please make sure that you have enclosed all the relevant documents with your application.
We value diversity in our workforce and are committed to equal opportunities.