Webinar recording: How COVID-19 affects the care sector
Your questions answered
A question and answer session from SCIE Chair Paul Burstow. With news from the frontline through:
- Kim Carey, Director of Adult Services, London Borough of Bromley
- Tricia Wennell, Head of Service for assessment and care management, London Borough of Bromley.
Since the start of the pandemic and lockdown, SCIE has been asking for your questions on how to support the sector.
Recorded 3 April 2020, this webinar is part of SCIE's support for the care sector over COVID-19. We’re providing advice for councils and care providers as the Government works to delay the spread of the virus. This includes residential care, supported living and home care guidance. Read our Q&A about how the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting social care with the Minister of State, SCIE and NHS England.
Some of the questions considered in the webinar:
- What’s the latest with the supermarkets and getting food to service users and workers?
- How can we support people with dementia who are isolated?
- What more can be done for carers?