Webinar recording: Recovery and reform after COVID-19
Webinar took place: 8 July 2020
CIPFA, SCIE & Peopletoo recognise that finance and social care leaders are facing enormous challenges in the coming months and years ahead. We have formed a partnership to draw together our collective experience in social care practice, finance and commissioning to provide comprehensive support to the sector.
We invited strategic decision-makers across all channels of social care delivery to join this panel discussion in which we addressed pivotal aspects to the recovery and reform of children and adult social care services.
Webinar: Social care recovery and reform after COVID-19
To give their perspectives on the challenges faced in the sector we will be joined by:
- Duncan Sharkey, Managing Director, Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead
- Ewan King, Deputy CEO (SCIE)
- Rob Whiteman CBE, Chief Executive (CIPFA)
- Maggie Kenney, Chief Executive (Peopletoo)
- Colin Foster, Director of Children’s Services, Bedford Borough Council
- Terry Neaves Former Section 151 Officer.
In the first of this new webinar series, we explored three key challenges:
- Commissioning – Exploring how commissioning needs to evolve post COVID, and how it can support financial sustainability
- Anticipating and planning for demand – Quantifying the impact of COVID-19 on Social Care demand – Peopletoo’s developing methodology for assessing both known and ‘hidden demand’ and associated cost modelling
- Challengers of Financing Social Care from the Corporate centres position.
- Our panel also invites your questions in advance and throughout the webinar, which we will aim to address alongside providing insights and strategies in response to these key themes.