One Page Profile: e-learning course
Published: June 2013 | Reviewed: May 2017
Free to use | Learning Management System compatible
We can only ensure effective personalisation and high-quality care and support when we place the needs and preferences of individuals at the heart of the services we deliver.
This e-learning course will help you achieve excellent person-centred care and support by learning about and using one-page profiles.
This course guides you through the process of completing a one-page profile for yourself, as a first step towards using one-page profiles in your work. The course also contains video examples and written testimonies showing how one-page profiles can and have changed the lives of individuals.
To view this resource you must register or login
Frequently asked questions
Who is this course for? Open
The resource is for everyone. If you are a personal assistant, a care and support worker, someone who cares for a family member or friend at home, or if you are a social worker or a health or social care manager, you will learn how one-page profiles can be used to improve the lives of people who use services. You’ll also find out how the profiles improve communication between people using and delivering care and support to the mutual benefit of everyone.
SCORM compliant (on your LMS) version Open
If you are interested in hosting this e-learning course, on your Learning Management System (LMS) or Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) we are able to help.
We can provide:
- Course content: A SCORM 1.2 or 2004 compliant version of the course.
- Course updates: We will supply you with course updates for an agreed period of time.
- Custom changes: We can help by making custom changes to the course to meet your specific learning and development needs.
Contact us to find out more about bringing our course to your learners on your platform.
Terms and conditionsOpen
- An internet connection is required, with the ability to stream video content from YouTube.
- All material in these resources, including text, graphics, photographs, video and audio is copyright of the Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE), unless otherwise stated.
- Use of this course is freely permitted, but commercial use is not authorised unless permission is first obtained in writing.
- The free version of this course is provided free of charge on an ‘as seen’ basis. Although SCIE’s courses have been used over many years with almost no reported problems, SCIE cannot provide technical support for their implementation or to investigate or fix any reported technical problems, nor does it warrant that they are fully compliant with all or any technical platform. Please review the recommended devices / web browsers advice.
Recommended devices / web browsersOpen
SCIE recommend using the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer.
The course has been tested on a selection of Apple and Android mobile and tablet devices, running the latest web browsers.
SCIE can not take responsibility if the course does not work on your particular device or software.