Families that have alcohol and mental health problems: a template for partnership working
The National Health Service Executive through the Department of Health s64 grant scheme funded this research and development project.
We thank John Allcock and colleagues at the Department of Health for commissioning this project. We give special thanks to the staff of the many organisations who generously donated their time and expertise but who must remain anonymous.
We gratefully acknowledge the support provided by all the members of the advisory group, chaired by David Joannides on behalf of the Association of Directors of Social Services. The views expressed in this report are those of the practice development team and not necessarily any of the advisory group members.
We would like to thank the following organisations, and their local partners, for permission to cite their work in this document. The agencies noted usually represent a consortium of local effort between health, housing and nonstatutory agencies and demonstrates the range of collaborative partnerships that we have seen.
- Bolton Area Child Protection Committee
- Bournemouth Borough Council
- Brent London Borough Council
- London Borough of Camden Social Services Department
- Dorset County Council Social Services Department
- East Sussex Area Child Protection Committee
- Hampshire County Council Social Services Department
- Hartlepool Borough Council Social Services Department
- London Borough of Hillingdon Social Services Department
- Leeds City Council
- Northamptonshire County Council Social Care and Health
- North Somerset Council Housing and Social Services
- Northumberland County Council
- Nottingham City Area Child Protection Committee
- Oxfordshire Social Services Department
- Peterborough Social Services Department
- Redbridge London Borough Council Children and Families Service Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council Social Services Department
- South Yorkshire Area Child Protection Committee
- Southwark London Borough Council Social Services Department
- Stockton on Tees Borough Council Social Services Department
- Surrey County Council Social Services Department
- Swindon Borough Housing and Social Services Department
- Tower Hamlets London Borough Council Social Services Department
- Westminster City Council Social and Community Services
- Wokingham District Council Community Services Department