Adult placements and person-centred approaches
1. Department of Health (2005) 'Independence, Well-being and Choice', Green Paper on Adult Social Care: London: Department of Health.
2. Department of Health
(2003) 'National minimum standards for adult placements',
online access 11/02/04: Department of Health.
3. Department of Health (2000) 'Care Standards Act', London: Department of Health.
4. Department of Health (2001) 'Valuing People: a new strategy for learning disability for the 21st century', London: Department of Health.
5. Ritchie P, Sanderson
H, Kilbane J, and Routledge M (2003) 'People, Plans
and Practicalities': SHS Trust.
6. Barnard, S. (2004) 'Adult
Placement Counts: A survey of adult placement schemes
in England': Leeds: National Association of Adult
Placement Services, Skills for Care England.
7. Department of Health (2002) 'Fair access to care services: guidance on eligiblity criteria for adult social care', London: Department of Health.
8. Wilson K et al (2004) 'Fostering Success: an exploration of the research literature in foster care, 'Nottingham University: Policy Press.
9. Hirst J (2000) 'A Fresh Start', Community Care, (31st May 2000).
10. Vaux G (2000) 'Off message and off key over adult placements', Community Care, (12th May 2000).
11. Cope, C. and Watson, A. (2003) 'Inspection of services for disabled people: Bolton Metropolitan Borough Council: October 2002, 'SSI; 2003 014, Manchester: Social Services Inspectorate - North West.
12. Social Services Inspectorate (2003) 'Fulfilling lives: Inspection of social care services for people with learning disabilities', London: Social Services Inspectorate.
13. Khan, Q. and O'Hagan, G. (1999) 'Inspection of social services provision of short terms breaks for people with physical disabilities and older people: London Borough of Croydon: April 1999, 'SSI; 1999 108, London: Social Services Inspectorate.
14. Rickford, F. (1991) 'Welcome home', Social Work Today, (21.11.91), p 16.
15. Valios, N. (2002) 'A sense of place', Community Care, (28.11.02), pp 28-29.
16. Kelleher, J. (2001) 'Family base respite: the experience for children and adults with learning disabilities in St Michael's House', Irish Social Worker, vol 19, no 2/3, pp 19-21.
17. Burningham, S. (1990) 'Surrogate families', Social Work Today, (16.8.90), pp 16-17.
18. Dixon J (2004), paper
given at 'NAAPS/ADSS' Conference, Coventry
19. Cooper M (2004) 'What am I going to do?', Community Care, (19th February 2004).
20. Robinson, C. and Simons, K. (1996) 'In safe hands: quality and regulation in adult placements for people with learning difficulties, 'Sheffield: University of Sheffield. Joint Unit for Social Services Research.
21. Cambridge, P. and Michelle, M. (2001) 'User focus groups and Best Value in services for people with learning disabilities', Health and Social Care in the Community, vol 9, no 6, pp 476-489.
22. Strategy Unit (2005) 'Improving the Life Chances of Disabled People', London: Cabinet Office.
23. National Association Of Adult Placement Services (undated) 'Learning the Ropes', Liverpool: NAAPS.
24. Cambridge, P. and McCarthy, M. (2001) 'User Focus Groups and Best Value in Services for People with Learning Disabilities', Health & Social Care in the Community, vol 9, no 6, pp 476-489.
25. Sanderson H, Kennedy J, Ritchie P, and Goodwin G (2002) 'People, Plans and Possibilities, 'Edinburgh: SHS Ltd.
26. Sanderson H et al (2002) 'People, Plans and Possibilities, 'Edinburgh: SHS Ltd.