Involving children and young people in developing social care
The authors of the guide are Polly Wright with Claire Turner, Daniel Clay and Helen Mills.
SCIE and Barnardo's would like to thank everyone who contributed to this guide. Special thanks must go to:
- all the young people, practitioners and managers who gave up their time to talk about their experiences of participation
- all the organisations that provided information about their work, informed the case studies and gave us permission to include them in the guide
- Deena Haydon, Angela Hutton, Claire Lanyon, Perpetua Kirby, Carolyn Oldfield, Ruth Sinclair and Robert Bell who all provided valuable information and guidance.
SCIE also thanks:
- the Barnardo's Policy and Research Unit team, especially Polly Wright, Claire Turner, Daniel Clay and Helen Mills
- the members of SCIE's participation reference group, guide quality assurance group, and Perpetua Kirby for their comments on the guide
- Enid Levin, Jez MacDonald and Rob Howells from SCIE who worked with the authors to produce the guide
- Nasa Begum, Pete Fleischmann and Patricia Kearney at SCIE for their advice and support.