Community-based day activities and supports for people with learning disabilities
Using this guide
In this section:
Pick and choose
This guide has many different sections. You do not need to read all of them. Pick and choose. Dip in and out.
Everyone should start by reading the Introduction. This will help you understand what the guide is about and where some of the material has come from.
Then, to help you get started, we have developed some routes that lead to material of particular interest to:
- commissioners, planners and managers
- care managers or care coordinators
- people working in a direct support or a community building role
- people involved in transition arrangements for young people
- managers and staff in social firms and enterprises
- people interested in person-centred planning
- people interested in direct payments, individual budgets and self-directed support
- people interested in community inclusion
- people interested in partnership developments
- people interested in funding matters
To access these routes go to the Route maps section. The route maps show which sections of the guide might be of particular interest to people in different roles or wanting to explore different themes.
From there you can move on to any other sections that look right for you. You may find some duplication of information because some material is relevant to people in any and all roles.