Working together to support disabled parents
The following examples illustrate how the existence of an inter-agency protocol can enable a prompt and supportive response across agencies to whole family situations in the best interests of all concerned. These fictionalised case studies illustrate that a preventative, joined-up approach to supporting parents is possible in a wide variety of situations and across the spectrum of family need.
- Single father with progressive condition
- Visually impaired mother who needs help with taking her daughter to school
- Couple with learning difficulties
- Mother who is recovering from surgery and living in unsuitable housing with her baby
- Couple with alcohol-related problems
- Mother with HIV who is hospitalised with depression