Changing social care: an inclusive approach
Leadership for change and improvement: Checklists
Factors defining effective leaders
- Leaders foster trust by maintaining transparency via extensive communication.
- Leaders demonstrate high levels of cognitive complexity.
- Leaders exhibit behavioural and social intelligence.
- Leaders celebrate victories and successes as the change programme emerges.
From Almio-Metcalfe and Alban-Metcalfe 2005; Boal and Hooijberg 2000; Fernadez and Rainey 2006.
- Meeting with each employee.
- Group consultations with staff, including brainstorming exercises.
- Newsletters in the pay packets of all employees and volunteers.
- Personal telephone conversations.
- Group meetings and consultations.
From SCIE Knowledge review 16.
Effective engagement methods
- Board member appointments.
- Local forums and events.
- Workshops and action groups.
- Provider and user networks.
- Inspector/evaluator appointments.
- Staff hiring committee appointments.
From Fauth and Mahdon 2007.