Changing social care: an inclusive approach
Stakeholder participation: How are you doing?
- How well do you feel you understand the benefits of involving all stakeholders and the steps necessary to facilitate genuine participation (see Resources below)?
- What steps have you taken to identify your stakeholders?
- How clearly do you understand the relevance of each group to the planned improvements?
- How have the method, timing and extent of participation been agreed with individual stakeholders?
- How have you made sure that everyone is clear about the extent to which the planned improvements can be influenced by stakeholders?
- What systems are in place to ensure the organisation hears, responds to and acts upon feedback from stakeholders?
- What training and support is in place for staff to help them with the process of engaging with wider stakeholders?
- What information, support and training is available for stakeholders to maximise the value of their participation?
Resources to support improved participation
SCIE has published a range of guides to support the development of participation. You may find the following particularly helpful.