A commissioner’s guide to developing and sustaining local user-led organisations
- Association of Directors of Adult Social Services, Department of Health and the Local Government Association (2009) Progress measures for the delivery of transforming adult social care services, London: ADASS, DH and LGA.
- Barnes, C. and Mercer, G. (2006) Independent futures: Creating user-led disability services in a disabling society, Bristol: Policy Press.
- Bewley, C. and McCulloch, L. (2004) Helping ourselves: Direct payments and the development of peer support, London: Values into Action.
- Department of Health (2009) Local authority circular 1: Transforming adult social care, London: Department of Health.
- HM Government (2007) Putting people first: A shared vision and commitment to the transformation of adult social care, London: HM Government.
- HM Government (2009) Putting people first: Working together with user-led organisations, London: HM Government.
- Maynard-Campbell, S. with Maynard, A. and Winchcombe, M. for the Department of Health (2007) Mapping the capacity and potential for user-led organisations in England, London: Department of Health.
- Murray K., Tyson A. and Murray-Neill, R. (2006) Increasing the uptake of direct payments: A self-assessment and action planning guide for local councils with social services responsibilities and their partners, London: Care Services Improvement Partnership
- National Centre for Independent Living (2005) Unpublished report on direct payments.
- Prime Minister's Strategy Unit (2005) Improving the life chances of disabled people, London: Cabinet Office.
- Shaping Our Lives (2009) Unpublished report of a consultation on user-led organisations and the role of commissioners.