A commissioner’s guide to developing and sustaining local user-led organisations
Good practice videos
On the website you can watch two videos of real-world examples. The first example is about developing a new ULO, and the second is about strengthening relationships among existing ULOs.
- When developing a ULO, all participants need to work in partnership, with users setting the agenda.
- ULOs need a robust organisational foundation, and should invest in networking and marketing.
- Commissioners need to champion and facilitate ULOs, and support capacity building.
- Honest dialogue between ULOs and the local authority is essential to establishing a successful working relationship.
- ULOs can promote wider user involvement and co-production, and this involvement must be genuinely valued by the local authority.