Good practice guidance on accessing the Court of Protection
SCIE Guide 42
Published: May 2011
The Association of Directors of Adult Social Services (ADASS) and the Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) have produced this guide to support access to the Court of Protection for people who may need this safeguard.
- Introduction and ADASS endorsement
- When to apply to the Court of Protection
- Who should apply to the Court of Protection
- How to apply to the Court of Protection
- The Court's response to applications
- Preparing for and attending a hearing
- What happens when the Court makes a decision
NICE has accredited the process used by SCIE to produce guidelines. Accreditation is valid for 5 years from July 2011 and is applicable to guidance produced using the processes described in the SCIE Guide Production Toolkit.
For full details on our accreditation visit: NICE Accreditation.