Report 37: Personalisation, productivity and efficiency
- DH (2010a) Think local, act personal: Next steps for transforming adult social care, London: DH.
- DH (2010b) A vision for adult social care: Capable communities and active citizens, London: DH.
- Tyson, A. (2009) Self-directed support in Hartlepool 2006-–2009, Wythall: In Control.
- ADASS (Association of Directors of Adult Social Services) and Local Government Association (2009) Putting People First: Measuring progress, London: ADASS and LGA.
- CSED (2009) Assessment and care management: Process improvement, London: CSED.
- Rowlett, N. and Deighton, S. (2009) 'Simplifying direct payments: how Lincolnshire County Council utilised risk management to deliver genuine improvement', Journal of Care Services Management, vol 3, no 2, pp 131–43.
- Stainton, T., Boyce, S. and Phillips, C. (2009) 'Independence pays: a cost and resource analysis of direct payments in two local authorities', Disability and Society, vol 24, no 2, pp 161–72.
- NAAPS (National Association of Adult Placement Services) (2009) Supporting
micromarket development: Key messages for local authorities, London: Department of Health.
- Dayson, C. (2010) Understanding personalisation: Implications for third sector
infrastructure and their work with organisations on the frontline, Sheffield: Sheffield Hallam University.
- DH (2010c) Practical approaches to market and provider development, London: DH.
- VODG (Voluntary Organisations Disability Group) and IPC (Institute of Public Care) (2010) Gain without pain, Oxford: Institute of Public Care.
- IPC (Institute of Public Care) (2010) National Market Development Forum: What are the implications of personalisation for social care tendering?, Oxford: IPC.
- Audit Commission (2006) Choosing well: Analysing the costs and benefits of choice in local public services, London: Audit Commission.
- Audit Commission (2010) Financial management aspects of personal budgets, London: Audit Commission.
- CSED (2008) Electronic monitoring and scheduling of home care, London: Department of Health.
- CBI (Confederation of British Industry) and LGA (Local Government Association) (2009) Commissioning strategically for better public services across local government, London: CBI and LGA.
- Jones, K. and Netten, A. (2010) 'The costs of change: a case study of the process of implementing individual budgets across pilot local authorities in England', Health and Social Care in the Community, vol 18, no 1, pp 51–8.
- OPM (Office for Public Management) (2010) Delivering personal budgets for adult social care: Reflections from Essex, London: OPM.
- CSED (2007) Better brokerage, London: CSED.
- Boyle, D. and Harris, M. (2010) The challenge of co-production, London: NESTA
- Raynes, N., Clark, H. and Beecham, J. (2006) The report of the Older People's Inquiry into 'That little bit of help', York: Joseph Rowntree Foundation.
- PSSRU (Personal Social Services Research Unit) (2008) The National Evaluation of Partnerships for Older People Projects (POPPs), Kent: PSSRU, University of Kent.
- DH (2009) Use of resources in adult social care: A guide for local authorities, London: DH.
- Spandler, H. and Vick, N. (2006) 'Opportunities for independent living using direct payments in mental health', Health and Social Care in the Community, vol 14, no 2, pp 107–15.
- Glendinning, C., Challis, D., Fernandez, J., Jacobs, S., Jones, K., Knapp, M.,
Manthorpe, J., Moran, N., Netten, A., Stevens, M. and Wilberforce, M. (2008) Evaluation of the Individual Budgets Pilot Programme: Final report, York: Social Policy Research Unit, University of York.
- Audit Commission (2009) Means to an end: Joint financing across health and social care, London: Audit Commission.
- Carr, S. and Robbins, D. (2009) SCIE Research Briefing 20: The implementation of individual budget schemes in adult social care, London: Social Care Institute for Excellence.
- Heywood, F. and Turner, L. (2007) Better outcomes, lower costs – Implications for health and social care budgets of investment in housing adaptations, improvements and equipment: A review of the evidence, London: Office for Disability Issues.
- Beech, R. and Roberts, D. (2008) SCIE Research briefing 28: Assistive technology and older people, London: SCIE
- Glendinning, C., Clarke, S., Hare, P., Kotchetkova, I., Maddison, J. And Newbronner, L. (2007) SCIE Knowledge review 13: Outcomes-focused services for older people, London: SCIE
- CSED (2009) Implementing telecare to achieve efficiencies, London: CSED.
- CSED and SPRU (Social Policy Research Unit) (2009) Prospective longitudinal study interim report – 1 of 2: The short-term outcomes and costs of reablement services, London: Department of Health.
- Glasby, J., Ham, C., Littlechild, R. and McKay, S. (2010) The case for social care reform – The wider economic and social benefits: Final report, Birmingham: University of Birmingham.
- Davey, V., Fernandez, J., Knapp, M., Vick, N., Jolly, D., Swift, P. et al (2007) Direct payments: A national survey of direct payments policy and practice, London: Personal Social Services Research Unit/London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Priestley, M., Jolly, D., Pearson, C., Riddell, S., Barnes, C. and Mercer, G. (2007) 'Direct payments and disabled people in the UK: supply, demand and devolution', British Journal of Social Work, vol 37, no 7, pp 1189–204.
- Fox, A. (2010) Thoughts on Putting People First: Next steps, Liverpool: National Association of Adult Placement Services.
- ADASS and LGA (2010) Personal budgets – Checking the results, London: ADASS and LGA.
All SCIE resources are free to download, however to access the following download you will need a free MySCIE account:
- SCIE Report 37: Personalisation, productivity and efficiency