Webinar: Understanding the role of the designated lead for safeguarding in faith-based organisations
The role of the designated lead for safeguarding is central in ensuring that organisations develop systems, processes and policies that support safety, and they are key to introducing and tackling a culture of safeguarding. This webinar explores the importance of the role of the designated lead for safeguarding in faith-based organisations, what the role should encompass and how to tackle some of the professional challenges that might be faced.
The session is run by Simon Bayliss, Senior Practice Development Manager at SCIE.
- why have a designated lead for safeguarding
- what should the role include, and what should it not
- setting out a framework for change
- the types and importance of professional supports
- working with colleagues and other agencies to drive change
- recognising and overcoming professional challenges