Webinar: Leading in partnership - Leadership and strengths-based practice
Taking place – 6 October 2021, 11am - 12pm
Leadership is a critical aspect of strengths-based practice. Without effective and committed leaders, strengths-based practices are unlikely to flourish. Whilst a lot of attention in recent years has focused on key elements of practice, such as strengths-based conversations, assessments and care planning, and the processes which underpin them, less attention had been given to leadership of strengths-based practice; what it looks like; how it differs from other models of leadership and how you do it well.
This webinar explores:
- Key features of leadership and strengths-based practice?
- How you lead the introduction of strengths-based practice in a different climate?
- How you co-produce with people who draw on support?
- How do you lead across partnerships?
- How do you lead teams?
The session also covers the Strengths-Based practice leadership programme, a new programme from the Social Care Institute for Excellence and the University of Birmingham, which is designed to support practice leaders to demonstrate leadership through engaging with academic insights, critically reflecting on their own leadership, and developing a community of practice with their peers.
- Professor Robin Miller, Department of Social Work and Social Care, University of Birmingham
- Ewan King, Deputy Chief Executive, SCIE
- Anthony McParland, a person who draws on support
- Kate O’Driscoll, Interim director Adult Social Care, Tower Hamlets Council.