This CPD-accredited course explores how personal budgets and direct payments are managed as required by the Care Act.
Our training course provides clarity on the legal duties around personal budgets and its relationship with direct payments from a knowledge and practical point of view. This is essential training for staff in social care, and important for provider organisations and children’s services.
- defining personal budgets, direct payments, local authority commissioned services and individual service funds
- legal duties around personal budgets, direct payments and individual service funds
- personal budgets, direct payments and individual service plans in relation to assessment and support planning and review
- elements, principles and exclusions of the personal budget and how it is calculated
- how the personal budget is used for both adults and carers
- direct payments for adults with capacity and without capacity
- ways of administering and reviewing direct payments.
This useful course will give attendees a wider understanding of the concepts of personal budgets, direct payments and independent service funds.
Course attendees will:
- understand the Care Act requirements for personal budgets and direct payments, as well as individual service funds
- gain insight into local authority duties on information and advice, assessment and support planning, plus reviews related to the topic
- practice and reflect on the application of the principles and duties around personal budgets and direct payments for adults and carers.
Who should attend?
Social care and health staff working in local authorities, organisations providing care and support, voluntary organisations, housing and children’s services This includes social workers, social work team leaders frontline care staff, managers, occupational therapists, nurses, clinical staff, housing officers, carers.
The length of the training is one full day, however SCIE trainers can deliver it over two half-days to suit your organisation’s needs
CPD Standards Office accredited course ref no 60036/13.
Book on an in-house course
This is a sample training course outline. It is based on approximately 16 delegates (for online delivery) and 20 delegates (for face-to-face delivery at your premises). The course can be adapted to your organisation’s CPD requirements.