Child protection and safeguarding training course
Our training will provide you with a foundation in child protection knowledge and skills. This course is crucial for anyone who has regular contact with children and young people. The training will enable you to recognise and respond appropriately to child abuse concerns and referrals.
This course is an introduction to child protection and safeguarding
- background and context for children’s safeguarding
- safeguarding and key principles in the Children’s Act and Working Together
- types of abuse and neglect
- concerns, allegations and disclosures
- information sharing between agencies
- practice examples, scenarios and case studies.
Attendees will establish a good knowledge of child protection and safeguarding. Participants will:
- have an understanding of safeguarding legislation
- be able to recognise potential indicators of abuse for children
- know what action to take if there is a safeguarding concern or allegation
- gain a person centred approach in child protection and safeguarding.
Who should attend?
This course is of value to staff who work with children and young people. It useful for a range of professionals working across different sectors, including:
- frontline professionals, such as social workers, team leaders, residential key workers, foster carers
- voluntary organisations
- nurses, doctors and GP practices
- teachers, designated safeguarding staff
The course is not designed for experienced safeguarding leads or local authority staff with additional safeguarding responsibilities. For staff from these backgrounds we would recommend our accredited Designated Safeguarding Lead Training
The child protection and safeguarding course is available as a half day and full day training.
Ask about in-house courses
This is a sample training course outline. It is based on approximately 25 delegates, trained at your premises. It can be adapted to your organisation’s training and CPD requirements.