Reablement training course
This in-house course provides important insight into why and how reablement services can be used to support personalised care and prevent or reduce need for care and support in the future.
This course gives an understanding of the principles and key features of effective reablement provision:
- Legal framework
- Care Act: wellbeing, prevent, reduce, delay
- Person-centred care
- Positive risk-taking and management
Attendees will develop a clear understanding of what a strengths-based, person-centred reablement service looks like:
- Develop a clear understanding of the aims of reablement in maximising independence and taking an outcome-focused approach
- Increase confidence in identifying, discussing and managing risk
- Increase awareness and confidence in managing customer expectations in relation to the reablement approach
Who should attend?
Social care and health staff, including frontline teams and managers from adult social care teams in local authorities, occupational therapists, reablement teams, registered care and support providers, voluntary organisations and housing.
SCIE’s Reablement course is delivered over one day
Ask about in-house courses
This is a sample training course outline. It is based on approximately 25 delegates, trained at your premises. It can be adapted to your organisation’s training and CPD requirements.