This in-house course provides important insight into why and how reablement services can be used to support personalised care and prevent or reduce need for care and support in the future.
This course gives an understanding of the principles and key features of effective reablement provision:
- Legal framework
- Care Act: wellbeing, prevent, reduce, delay
- Person-centred care
- Positive risk-taking and management
Attendees will develop a clear understanding of what a strengths-based, person-centred reablement service looks like:
- Develop a clear understanding of the aims of reablement in maximising independence and taking an outcome-focused approach
- Increase confidence in identifying, discussing and managing risk
- Increase awareness and confidence in managing customer expectations in relation to the reablement approach
Who should attend?
Social care and health staff, including frontline teams and managers from adult social care teams in local authorities, occupational therapists, reablement teams, registered care and support providers, voluntary organisations and housing.
The length of the training is one full day, however SCIE trainers can deliver it over two half-days to suit your organisation’s needs.
Book on an in-house course
This is a sample training course outline. It is based on approximately 16 delegates (for online delivery) and 20 delegates (for face-to-face delivery at your premises). The course can be adapted to your organisation’s CPD requirements.