Mental Capacity Act (MCA) training course for senior staff and managers
A more in-depth study of duties and responsibilities under the Mental Capacity Act 2005 (MCA) for senior staff and managers.
Our CPD accredited training course will give you better knowledge and understanding of the MCA.
- human rights and the importance of the MCA
- the core principles of the MCA
- assessing capacity, roles and responsibilities
- learning who can make decisions
- lasting power of attorney and advance decisions
- independent mental capacity advocates
- ‘best interests’ decisions
- authority for action, restraint and the criminal offences
- DoLS (Deprivations of Liberty Safeguards) – now and in the future.
Attendees will build on existing knowledge to deliver sound guidance for those working within and using the services they manage. Participants will:
- understand their legal responsibilities under the MCA and the implications for their practice and staff
- better apply MCA principles when managing care services
- learn the roles and responsibilities for making decisions under the MCA
- know how to use a framework for supporting and involving people when making decisions
- get a clear understanding of the links between human rights, essential standards of quality and safety and the MCA
- reflect and explore how human rights principles inform good practice when supporting people to make decisions.
Who should attend?
Senior staff and managers in care, health and related services.
Mental Capacity Act – senior staff and managers course is delivered over one day.
CPD Standards Office accredited course ref no 60036/17
Ask about in-house courses
This is a sample training course outline. It is based on approximately 25 delegates, trained at your premises. It can be adapted to your organisation’s training and CPD requirements.
Book a place on an open course
We occasionally deliver this training course as a one day open access classroom course on selected dates. These courses are designed for individuals or small groups to attend.
No dates currently scheduled for this course.
Register for a MySCIE account and SCIELine, our regular email bulletin, to recieve details of when new dates are announced.