Safeguarding adults training course for managers and newly appointed safeguarding leads
Our CPD-accredited training teaches understanding around essential safeguarding duties and responsibilities.
- relevant legislation and applying safeguarding principles in practice
- ingredients required for creating a safeguarding culture within your organisation
- identifying, assessing and managing risk
- responding to allegations, concerns and disclosures including safety planning
- reflective practice
- safeguarding duties for local authorities as well as responsibilities for partners
- the relevance of the Mental Capacity Act
- effective information sharing and partnership working
- learning from Safeguarding Adults Reviews
Participants will be able:
- to understand the safeguarding duties and responsibilities in the Care Act 2014;
- to reflect on the importance of good safeguarding practices within your organisation;
- to understand practical elements of safeguarding as well as your responsibilities as managers and leads to create a safeguarding culture within your organisation;
- to understand the law in regards to information sharing;
- to recognise your safeguarding role within the multi-agency context and to explore effective partnership working.
Who should attend?
Managers, registered managers, newly appointed safeguarding leads and team leaders in care, health, housing and related services. It is not for experienced safeguarding leads or local authority staff.
Safeguarding adults – managers and newly appointed safeguarding leads is delivered over 1 day or 2 half days.
CPD Standards Office accredited course ref no 60036/18.
Ask about in-house courses
This is a sample training course outline. It is based on approximately 25 delegates, trained at your premises. It can be adapted to your organisation’s training and CPD requirements.
Book a place on an online open course
We are delivering this training as a two-day open access online course. This course is designed for individuals or small groups to attend. Book now for the following dates: