Wednesday 10 July 2024, 9:30am-4:30pm
Course content includes:
- an overview of self-neglect indicators
- the interface between self-neglect and safeguarding adults
- how best to respond to self-neglect as outlined by the Care Act and Mental Capacity Act
- legal options and other levers
- how to embed good practice with examples of case studies.
Participants will be able:
- to know how to recognise and work with people who self-neglect
- to explore limits and responsibilities of intervention
- to understand the application of the Mental Capacity Act in relation to self-neglect
- to consider when adult safeguarding may be an appropriate response
- to understand best practice and learn how to develop strategies to achieve this.
Who should attend?
Anyone working in care, housing, health or emergency services.
One day: 9:30am – 16.30pm
If you require an invoice please choose to pay by invoice at checkout.