Highlights from National Co-production Week 2017
SCIE’s National Co-production Week in July 2017 was the second annual event, which shared the benefits of co-production, shared good practice and highlighted the contribution of people who use services and carers to developing better public services.
Co-production is about working in equal partnership with people using services, carers, families and citizens. Co-production offers the chance to transform social care and health provision to a model that that offers people real choice and control.
SCIE’s activities - Co-production Week 2017
SCIE marked National Co-production Week 2017 by:
- Hosting people’s and organisations’ co-production commitments. One thing that can be done to embrace co-production
- Holding a webinar about co-production
- Sharing good practice. In the run-up to the week and in the week itself SCIE tweeted and blogged about good practice in co-production
- Encouraging and talking about other organisations’ contributions to Co-production Week
- Holding the second annual co-production festival with members of its Co-production Network and invited guests.
SCIE’s Co-production Festival. July 2017
A film about SCIE's second Co-production Festival, which celebrated co-production using music, poetry and comedy.
Co-production means joining health and social care professional experts with service users and carers to produce the best experiences and outcomes.
Co-production training from SCIE
We offer a range of supportive courses to build upon the main co-production principles of equality, diversity, access and reciprocity. All of our training can be tailored to your ADASS region, individual local authority or care provider. Find out more: Co-production training from SCIE
Highlights from Co-production Week 2017
- Co-production Festival with comedian Francesca Martinez
- Co-production commitments 2017
- Co-production blog 2017
- All events around the country 2017
SCIE has a long history of being at the forefront of co-production. To find out more about SCIE’s work around co-production see:
- Co-production in social care: What it is and how to do it (Guide)
- Co-production training
- Co-production Network
- Enquire about tailored co-production training or consultancy support
For further information about National Co-production Week and support with co-production in your organisation please email firstname.lastname@example.org