This CPD-accredited online course looks at the SEND Code of Practice 2015 and the way it influences the way support is provided for children with special educational needs and disability.
Produced by SCIE, and the London boroughs of Enfield, Lambeth and Southwark, this course is for health and social care professionals who work with children with SEND.
Produced in partnership with
- The main legislation
- The importance of being person-centred
- Children and young people’s aspirations
- Developing better outcomes
- Outcomes and annual reviews
- Understand SEND and how the SEND CoP affects children, young people and their families
- Learn what we mean by person-centred and what it means for children, young people and you
- Explore how you can support children and young people to achieve their aspirations as they enter childhood
- Find out how to develop outcomes based on a child or young person’s aspirations
- Be able to develop outcomes and understand the key principles surrounding the annual review
Saved learning progress
By studying the course, and passing the assessment, you will be issued with a certificate showing 2.0 CPD points.
CPD Standards Office accredited course ref no 60036/.