Monitoring Care Act advocacy provision in Calderdale
The outcomes used for monitoring were developed from a review of other local authorities’ service specifications for advocacy under the Care Act; a review of good practice service specifications on the SCIE website and discussions with other commissioners.
The outcomes were then tested as part of market engagement. The provider is required to provide client feedback against the following five outcomes on a quarterly basis:
- percentage of individuals (service users and carers) who feel they have received information readily in respect of advocacy services and the service available in their particular circumstances
- percentage of individuals enabled to better understand and be involved in their care and support and health-planning processes and decision-making
- percentage of individuals who report an increased ability to negotiate arrangements and services to meet their needs
- percentage of individuals who feel that advocacy services have contributed to achieving their personal outcomes
- percentage of individuals who feel empowered to challenge decisions.