Further information and resources on assessing fluctuating needs under the Care Act 2014
- Research in Practice for Adults has many resources for practitioners in social care around the Care Act, including guides to good decision-making – but you need to be working for a partner organisation in order to access these in full.
- SCIE’s guide to co-production in social care.
- The LGA’s summary of resources including those on assessment.
- SCIE’s safeguarding resources.
- SCIE’s advocacy resources.
- Guide to questioning skills from Mind Tools – which you might find useful when reflecting on the assessment process.
- A guide to skilful questioning and active listening from the London Deanery.
- Think Local Act Personal’s Care and Support Jargon Buster – a plain English guide to social care words and phrases and what they mean.
- Skills for Care has developed a range of free materials with The College of Social Work to support the adult social care workforce. These include First contact and identifying needs.
- Carers UK has developed e-learning courses for professionals working with carers which include key elements of assessment under the Care Act.