Webinar recording: Innovations for care leavers
Young people who have experienced care can go on to thrive and achieve huge things, but we need to do much better. The quality of support for care leavers has been patchy and their transition into adulthood can be lonely, disrupted, unstable and troubled, which results in poorer outcomes longer term. It's clear that new strengths-based approaches are needed to build resilience, skills on the networks and wider community in which the young person lives. This webinar, recorded in February 2020, looked at some of these innovations.
- Staying Close, Staying Connected: part of the Department for Education Innovation Programme, the ‘Staying Close’ project aims to give people person-centred and holistic support from the age of 18.
- Leaving Well: a new app developed by Social Finance to support young people leaving cadre to achieve better outcomes.
- Emma Smale, Head of Research, SCIE
- Rachel Leslie, Staying Close, Staying Connected, Break Charity
- Meg Brodie, Associate, Social Finance.