Care Certificate: e-learning course
Special launch offer: 10% off. Buy now.
Brought to you in partnership with NHS-backed digital health innovators, Health and Care Innovations.
The Care Certificate is based on 15 Standards set by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) that encompass the knowledge, skills and behaviours expected from frontline health and social care staff.
This video-based, easy-to-navigate, essential online e-learning course has been developed to help care workers complete the knowledge element of the Care Certificate independently, and at a time that best suits them.
We use the online Care Certificate predominantly for accessibility because it was then available to our learners anytime, any place, any device.Dr Matt Halkes, Director of Education, Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust
This comprehensive course can be used by new care workers and by existing staff as a refresher tool to enhance and refresh their knowledge.
The video below explores our unique approach to delivering the 15 Standards that promote compassionate, safe, quality care and support.
The Care Certificate is based on 15 Standards covering the competency and knowledge-based requirements set by the CQC.
- Understand your role
- Your personal development
- Duty of care
- Equality and diversity
- Work in a person-centred way
- Privacy and dignity
- Fluids and nutrition
- Awareness of mental health, dementia and learning disability
- Safeguarding adults
- Safeguarding children
- Basic life support
- Health and safety
- Handling information
- Infection prevention and control.
Learners are guided through each Standard by an online mentor with the help of over 250 videos.
Each Standard is completed with an online assessment, removing the need for manager supervision, to indicate that staff have gained the knowledge required to be an effective care worker under the Care Certificate’s requirements.
Once the online study is complete, the care worker is ready for practical observation in the workplace.
This online Care Certificate course is designed so that managers and team leaders can easily track that staff are trained in a consistent way, to the highest standard and provide evidence that they have understood and learned what is expected of them.
This course will:
- equip workers with the fundamental skills they need to provide quality care
- cover what is required to be caring
- provide a basis from which staff can further develop knowledge and skills
- Tracked learning progress
- Online assessment
- Email support
- Independent and portable learning
- Over 250 accessible videos
- Works on desktop
- Works on tablet
- Works on mobile
Get an instant personalised quote and order now:
- Register for a free MySCIE account
- Log into your existing account.
Additional discounts are available for purchasing access for multiple learners at the same time.
Cookies must be enabled for this site before you can login
Frequently asked questions
Who is this course for? Open
All non-regulated frontline staff working in health and social care including:
- activities workers
- assistant practitioners
- care assistants
- day care assistants
- domiciliary care workers
- healthcare support workers
- homecare workers
- maternity support workers
- nursing assistants
- personal assistants
- reablement assistants
- residential care workers
- senior homecare workers
- support workers
- and other health or care assistant-related roles
SCORM compliant (on your LMS) versionOpen
If you are interested in hosting this e-learning course on your Learning Management System (LMS) or Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) we are able to help.
We can provide:
- Course content: A SCORM 1.2 or 2004 compliant version of the course.
- Course updates: We will supply you with course updates for an agreed period of time.
- Custom changes: We can help by making custom changes to the course to meet your specific learning and development needs.
Contact us to find out more about bringing our course to your learners on your platform.
v1 (December 2019): Original release of the Care Certificate course.
What you need to know before purchasing Open
- The price stated is exclusive of VAT. Customers will be charged VAT at the UK's standard rate in addition to the price stated.
- On receipt of payment, we'll issue you, the customer, with course invite(s).
- You, the customer, will be able to issue course invites to your learners. Each learner must have a unquie and working email address, and must sign-up (or log into their existing) MySCIE account to accept the invite. MySCIE accounts are free.
- Course invites must be issued to, and accepted by, learners, within 90 days of purchase, otherwise the invite will expire.
- Learners are required to agree that their course progress is shared with you, the customer, before they can access the course.
- From accepting the invite, the learner will have 185 days access to the course and its assessment / certification.
- During the course leaners will need to pass an assessment per Care Certificate Standard, before they can continue to the next Standard. Learners will have three attempts to pass the 15 modules and their assessments. Only if they pass all assessments will a certificate be available for download. The pass mark per assessment is 67 per cent.
- Please check the recommended devices / web browsers for this course, before purchase.
- Please check who this course is for, before purchase.
An internet connection is required, with the ability to:
- stream video content from Vimeo
- accept browser pop-ups
- accept third-party cookies
- Although SCIE’s courses have been used over many years with almost no reported problems, SCIE cannot provide technical support for their implementation or to investigate or fix any reported technical problems, nor does it warrant that they are fully compliant with all or any technical platform. Please review the recommended devices / web browsers advice.
- All material in these resources, including text, graphics, photographs, video and audio is copyright of Health and Care Innovations and/or the Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE), unless otherwise stated.
- Please read the full Terms and conditions during the purchase process.
Recommended devices / web browsers Open
SCIE recommends using the latest versions of device operating software and browsers to access our e-learning courses.
The minimum technical requirements are (depending on your setup):
- Chrome: Latest version
- Firefox: Latest version
- Microsoft Edge: Latest version
- Safari: Latest version
- iOS: 10
- Android: Marshmallow (6.0)
This course has been tested on a selection of Apple and Android mobile and tablet devices, running the latest web browsers.
SCIE cannot take responsibility if the course, assessment or certificate does not work on your particular device or software.
Please note: Usage of Microsoft Internet Explorer, including IE 11, is not recommended.