This CPD-accredited online course explores the Mental Capacity Act 2005, including best interests decision-making, and how to support people to make their own decisions.
The course is for everyone who looks after or cares for someone, for example, doctors, nurses, care assistants, social workers, and family members.
- Introducing the Mental Capacity Act
- Supporting people to make decisions
- Assessing capacity
- Best interests decisions
- More complex decisions
- What to do when there is disagreement
- Planning for the future
- Gain an understanding of the five key principles of the MCA
- Be better able to support people to make their own decisions
- Be able to assess people’s capacity appropriately
- Understand and be part of making best interests decisions
- Be familiar with key advance planning tools
By studying the course, and passing the assessment, you will be issued with a certificate showing 2.0 CPD points.
CPD Standards Office accredited course ref no 60036/37.