Tackling Child Sexual Exploitation: e-Learning course
Developed in partnership with NWG Network
e-Learning course raising awareness of Child Sexual Exploitation for health, social care, education and other frontline staff. It provides frontline practitioners with the basic knowledge and skills to identify and respond to Child Sexual Exploitation.
Explore the issue through the unique stories of five young people from very different backgrounds.
- What is Child Sexual Exploitation?
- What are the signs and indicators that a child is being sexually exploited?
- What is my responsibility to ensure a child is appropriately safeguarded?
- What are some of the myths and stereotypes associated to CSE?
- Learn how to spot the signs and indicators that a child may be being exploited
- Learn about different types of child sexual exploitation, including online vulnerabilities
- Understand the vulnerabilities that may keep a child being exploited
- Understand that safeguarding is everyone’s business and know how to report concerns
- Saved learning progress
- Learning notes
- Online assessment
- Email support
- Works on desktop
- Works on tablet
- Works on mobile
This training has been designed as an initial educational resource and is a pre-cursor to more in-depth training or as a refresher course. NWG run Foundation and Advanced Level Child Sexual Exploitation training and other specialist courses tackling CSE, such as CSE in Sport or CSE and Learning Difficulties. Find out more about NWG's training.
Get an instant personalised quote and order now:
- Register for a free MySCIE account
- Log into your existing account.
Additional discounts are available for purchasing access for multiple learners at the same time.
Cookies must be enabled for this site before you can login
Frequently asked questions
Who is this course for? Open
This course is for health, social care, education and other frontline staff.
SCORM compliant (on your LMS) versionOpen
If you are interested in hosting this e-learning course and/or the assessment, on your Learning Management System (LMS) or Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) we are able to help.
We can provide:
- Course content: A SCORM 1.2 or 2004 compliant version of the course.
- Assessment / certification: The assessment, questions and answers, in MS Word format, which you can build on to your platform.
- Course updates: We will supply you with course updates for an agreed period of time.
- Custom changes: We can help by making custom changes to the course to meet your specific learning and development needs.
Contact us to find out more about bringing our course to your learners on your platform.
v1 (July 2018) First version of the course
Terms and conditions Open
- The price stated is exclusive of VAT. Customers will be charged VAT at the UK's standard rate in addition to the price stated.
- On receipt of payment, we'll issue you, the customer, with course invite(s).
- You, the customer, will be able to issue course invites to your learners. Each learner must have a unquie and working email address, and must sign-up (or log into their existing) MySCIE account to accept the invite. MySCIE accounts are free.
- Course invites must be issued to, and accepted by, learners, within 90 days of purchase, otherwise the invite will expire.
- Learners are required to agree that their course progress is shared with you, the customer, before they can access the course.
- From accepting the invite, the learner will have 90 days access to the course and its assessment / certification.
- You can study the learning material (content) in any order, but you must view all the learning material before you can proceed to the assessment.
- During your enrolment period you will have three attempts to pass the assessment. Only if you pass the assessment will a certificate be available for download. The assessment pass mark is 100 per cent.
- Please check the recommended devices / web browsers for this course, before purchase.
- Please check who this course is for, before purchase.
- An internet connection is required, with the ability to stream video content from Vimeo and YouTube.
- All material in these resources, including text, graphics, photographs, video and audio is copyright of the Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE), unless otherwise stated.
- Although SCIE’s courses have been used over many years with almost no reported problems, SCIE cannot provide technical support for their implementation or to investigate or fix any reported technical problems, nor does it warrant that they are fully compliant with all or any technical platform. Please review the recommended devices / web browsers advice.
Recommended devices / web browsers Open
SCIE recommends using the latest versions of device operating software and browsers to access our e-learning courses.
The minimum technical requirements are (depending on your setup):
- Chrome: Latest version
- Firefox: Latest version
- Microsoft Edge: Latest version
- Safari: Latest version
- iOS: 10
- Android: Marshmallow (6.0)
This course has been tested on a selection of Apple and Android mobile and tablet devices, running the latest web browsers.
SCIE cannot take responsibility if the course, assessment or certificate does not work on your particular device or software.
Please note: Usage of Microsoft Internet Explorer, including IE 11, is not recommended.