Better Care Exchange – the social network for the health and social care sector
The Better Care Exchange is a collaborative, social network for health and social care professionals. It enables networking, information and knowledge sharing on good practice for delivering better integrated care, and implementing Better Care Fund plans.
It works as a ‘learning hub’ that pools the knowledge and skills of leading organisations and professionals across the health and social care sector.
The Better Care Exchange offers free, easy-to-access information to those involved in health and care, to help us work together more effectively and deliver better care to more people.
Play a short film about the Better Care Exchange, introduced by Sir John Oldham, Chair of the Independent Commission on Whole Person Care
The Better Care Support team has re-launched the Better Care Exchange (BCE) on an improved platform. The Exchange is the primary mechanism for sharing and communication on the BCF.
To request access to the BCE, please email email@example.com.
You can also keep up to date with the BCF by registering for the weekly BCF bulletin. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How the Better Care Exchange can help you
The Better Care Exchange is free to use and will help you to:
collaborate with and learn from colleagues in health and social care through online discussions and communities of interest:
- discuss and share knowledge as part of an online social network
- join communities of interest on key Better Care topics
- instant chat with other people on the Exchange – ask questions, network, solve problems and share answers.
access good practice on better integrated and joined-up care:
- access insight and good practice aimed at overcoming the barriers to successful provision of Better Care
- ask peers for advice and lessons learnt.
keep up to date with the latest integration resources and products:
- access ‘How to guides’ which provide practical steps on key issues such as integration and leadership, data sharing, pooling budgets and working in partnership
- access over 400 documents, videos and links from leading organisations available in one easy-to-access place
- ask for support from the Better Care Support Team and peers.
The Better Care Exchange supports:
- Better Care Fund leads at local level
- health and wellbeing board chairs and members
- local authority directors and assistant directors
- clinical commissioning group and NHS trust chairs, chief executives and directors
- NHS, local authority and social care provider managers and team leaders
- GPs, social workers, senior nurses and other frontline staff.
The Better Care Exchange brings together knowledge and best practice from a range of programmes including:
- the Better Care Fund programme
- the Vanguard Programme
- Integration Pioneers
- the Integrated Personal Commissioning Programme
The Exchange was co-designed with practitioners, people who use services and carers. It has been commissioned by the Better Care Support Team and produced by KPMG, SCIE, PPL and The Berkeley Partnership.
Contact the Better Care Support Team