Managing over and underspend: sharing risks and benefits of integrated care
A two-part framework to help partner organisations with managing over and underspend for the duration of the agreement. It includes key questions that organisations should be ready to answer in managing over and underspend.
Do you have a plan for:
- What do you want to achieve?
- Who’s involved?
- Risks to delivery of financial benefits?
- What are your financial thresholds?
- Financial mitigation in worst-case scenarios?
How will you manage both over and underspends?
- Withheld from pooled fund?
- How/when is any element paid in?
- Who decides how it is spent?
- If the targets are not met, who contributes?
- What happens to overspend?