Practice guidance on the involvement of Independent Mental Capacity Advocates (IMCAs) in safeguarding adults
- ADASS (Association of Directors of Adult Social Services) (2005) Safeguarding adults’: a national framework of standards, London, ADASS .
- DH (Department of Health) (1997) The Caldicott Committee: report on the review of patient identifiable information, London, DH .
- Redley, M., Platten, M., Keeley, H., Clare, I. and Holland, A. (2008) The involvement of independent mental capacity advocates (IMCAs) in adult protection procedures in England (PDF file): April 2007 to 31 March 2008, London: SCIE ,
- ADASS (Association of Directors of Adult Social Services) (2007) Practice guidance: criteria for the use of IMCAs in safeguarding adults cases, London, ADASS .
- Commission for Social Care Inspection (2008) Safeguarding adults: a study of the effectiveness of arrangements to safeguard adults from abuse. London: Commission for Social Care Inspection.
- Department for Constitutional Affairs (2007) Mental Capacity Act 2005 code of practice, London, The Stationery Office.
- DH (Department of Health) (2000) No secrets: guidance on implementing multi-agency policies and procedures to protect vulnerable adults from abuse, London, DH.
- DH (Department of Health) (2001) Implementing the Caldicott standards into social care – consultation paper on Caldicott Guardians.
- DH (Department of Health) (2006) The Caldicott Guardian manual 2006.
- DH (Department of Health) (2009) Safeguarding adults: report on the consultation on the review of No secrets, London, DH.
- DH (Department of Health), Crown Prosecution Service and Home Office (2002) Provision of therapy for vulnerable or intimidated adult witnesses prior to a criminal trial: practice guidance.
- Mental Capacity Act 2005 (Independent mental capacity advocates) (expansion of role) regulations 2006, London, The Stationery Office.
- Mental Capacity Act 2005 (Independent mental capacity advocates) (general) regulations 2006, London, The Stationery Office.
- OPG (Office of the Public Guardian) (2008) Office of the Public Guardian and local authorities: a protocol for working together to safeguard vulnerable adults. London: Office of the Public Guardian.
- Action for Elder Abuse, tel: 0808 808 8141.
- Ann Craft Trust (abuse of people with learning disabilities), tel: 0115 9515400.
- Association of Directors of Adult Social Services.
- Respond (working with victims and perpetrators of abuse who have learning disabilities), tel: 0808 808 0700.
- Voice UK (supporting people with learning disabilities and other vulnerable people who have experienced crime or abuse), tel: 0845 122 8695.
- Witness (concerned with abuse by professionals – formerly POPAN), tel: 08454 500 300.