Paying people who receive benefits training course
This training aims to help organisations put a safe and effective payment policy in place. It gives an overview into best practice in terms of co-production and the benefits system.
This CPD-accredited course offers good background knowledge for those making payments. Learn how to steer through the benefits system to avoid sanctions or stopped welfare payments.
- an overview of the co-production principles of equality, diversity access and reciprocity
- a look at the importance of paying peoples’ fees and expenses
- current government policy, the benefits system and Universal Credit
- co-production opportunities that avoid conflict with benefit conditions
- paying types, including acceptable amounts, notional earnings, paying people in arrears, reimbursing expenses and tax issues
- related tasks such as completing permitted work forms, writing standard letters to Jobcentre Plus, developing a payments flow chart and organisational policies.
In terms of co-production, participants will:
- know why payment of fees and expenses is important
- understand how the benefits system works in relation to payment
- learn good practice principles in making payments to people on benefits
- improve knowledge and confidence for putting a safe and effective payments policy in place.
Who should attend?
This course is for people working in co-production/participation/patient public involvement in health, social care and housing organisations. It is useful for lead managers and staff developing policies for paying people who use services and carers. This may include staff in finance roles.
Paying people who receive benefits course is delivered over one day.
Ask about in-house courses
This is a sample training course outline. It is based on approximately 25 delegates, trained at your premises. It can be adapted to your organisation’s training and CPD requirements.
Book a place on an open course
We are also delivering this training as a one day open access course. These courses are designed for individuals or small groups to attend. Book now for the following date: