Safeguarding adults: an introduction training course
Our CPD accredited course is an introduction into safeguarding adults for professionals working within the care, health, voluntary and housing sectors.
SCIE’s training improves knowledge and practice around safeguarding adults from harm or neglect.
- identifying risk and vulnerability to abuse and neglect
- duties and responsibilities for individuals and organisations
- the key safeguarding principles of the Care Act
- ways of working together and information sharing
- explore the Mental Capacity Act and safeguarding
- responding to concerns, allegations and disclosures.
Attendees will establish a good knowledge of their safeguarding duties and responsibilities. Participants will:
- gain confidence in applying the six key principles of safeguarding
- understand Care Act responsibilities and how these affect practice.
Who should attend?
Frontline staff, team leaders and managers working for care and support providers. Also personal assistants, volunteers, advocates, helpline staff, GPs, health visitors, nurses, pharmacists and housing officers.
It is not designed for experienced safeguarding leads or local authority staff with additional safeguarding responsibilities.
Safeguarding Adults – An Introduction course is delivered over one day.
CPD Standards Office accredited course ref no 60036/18.
Ask about in-house courses
This is a sample training course outline. It is based on approximately 25 delegates, trained at your premises. It can be adapted to your organisation’s training and CPD requirements.
Book a place on an open course
We occasionally deliver this training course as a one day open access classroom course on selected dates. These courses are designed for individuals or small groups to attend.
No dates currently scheduled for this course.
Register for a MySCIE account and SCIELine, our regular email bulletin, to recieve details of when new dates are announced.
Study as an online e-learning course
Study our introduction to safeguarding adults course as an online e-learning course.