Safeguarding adults training course for managers and newly appointed safeguarding leads
Our CPD accredited training teaches understanding around essential safeguarding duties and responsibilities.
- identifying risk and vulnerability to abuse and neglect
- making safeguarding personal and applying principles in practice
- safeguarding duties for local authorities
- responsibilities for partners such as housing, police and health bodies
- the relevance of the Mental Capacity Act
- the importance of partnership working and information sharing
- how to respond to allegations, concerns and disclosures
- understand the safeguarding duties and responsibilities in the Care Act;
- understand how to respond to safeguarding concerns;
- explore the difficult balance between safety and choice and control for individuals;
- understand the law around information sharing.
Who should attend?
Managers, registered managers, newly appointed safeguarding leads and team leaders in care, health, housing and related services. It is not for experienced safeguarding leads or local authority staff.
Safeguarding adults – managers and newly appointed safeguarding leads is delivered over 1 day.
CPD Standards Office accredited course ref no 60036/18.
Ask about in-house courses
This is a sample training course outline. It is based on approximately 25 delegates, trained at your premises. It can be adapted to your organisation’s training and CPD requirements.
Book a place on an open course
We are also delivering this training as a one day open access course. These courses are designed for individuals or small groups to attend. Book now for the following date: