Safeguarding children and adults: an introduction training course
When it comes to the safety of children and adults, it’s important that staff know the key principles of safeguarding. Our training is an essential overview to establish good working practice.
This CPD accredited course is an introduction to safeguarding children and adults.
- background and context for children’s and adults’ safeguarding
- attitudes to safeguarding and key principles in the Care Act
- types of abuse and neglect
- concerns, allegations and disclosures
- information sharing between agencies
- practice examples, scenarios and case studies.
Attendees will establish a good knowledge of their safeguarding duties and responsibilities, surrounding safeguarding. Participants will:
- feel confident applying the six key principles of safeguarding
- gain a clear understanding of responsibilities under the Care Act
- know how these obligations affect practice and children and family services.
Who should attend?
This course is of value to staff who work with children and adults. It is also useful for a range of professionals working across different sectors, including:
- frontline professionals, such as team leaders and managers working for care and support providers
- personal assistants, volunteers, advocates and helpline staff
- healthcare staff and managers (GPs, health visitors, nurses and pharmacists)
- housing officers.
The course is not designed for experienced safeguarding leads or local authority staff with additional safeguarding responsibilities.
Safeguarding children and adults course is delivered over over one day.
CPD Standards Office accredited course ref no 60036/29
Ask about in-house courses
This is a sample training course outline. It is based on approximately 25 delegates, trained at your premises. It can be adapted to your organisation’s training and CPD requirements.
Book a place on an open course
We occasionally deliver this training course as a one day open access classroom course on selected dates. These courses are designed for individuals or small groups to attend.
No dates currently scheduled for this course.
Register for a MySCIE account and SCIELine, our regular email bulletin, to recieve details of when new dates are announced.