Safeguarding children and adults: an introduction training course
This CPD-accredited course is an introduction to safeguarding children and adults.
- comprehensive introduction to safeguarding
- background and context for safeguarding children and adults
- key legislation and processes
- types of abuse
- contextual safeguarding
- recognising and responding to concerns
- practical exercises, scenario-based discussions and learning from reviews
- information sharing
- partnership working.
- To understand the importance of safeguarding children and adults.
- To demonstrate an awareness of factors indicating that a child or an adult may be at risk of, or experiencing abuse or neglect.
- To demonstrate an awareness of key legislation and processes surrounding safeguarding children and adults.
- To understand how to respond to concerns, how to report and record them and to recognise the importance of professional curiosity in safeguarding.
- To demonstrate an awareness of legislation surrounding consent and information sharing.
- To understand the responsibilities of the local authority and partners and the importance of effective multi-agency working in safeguarding.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for frontline staff who work directly with children and adults. It is useful for a range of professionals working across different sectors, including:
- frontline professionals and team leaders working for care and support providers
- personal assistants, volunteers, advocates, advisors, support workers and helpline staff
- healthcare staff (GPs, health visitors, nurses, pharmacists, paramedics etc.)
- housing officers.
The course is not designed for experienced safeguarding leads or local authority staff with additional safeguarding responsibilities.
Safeguarding children and adults course is delivered over over one day.
CPD Standards Office accredited course ref no 60036/29
Ask about in-house courses
This is a sample training course outline. It is based on approximately 25 delegates, trained at your premises. It can be adapted to your organisation’s training and CPD requirements.