Training and access to experts to support case reviews and audits for local children safeguarding boards or equivalent, care and health providers, police and case reviewers.
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Information, guidance, and accredited training for care and health staff to support, protect and empower people who may lack capacity.
SCIE guide to help older people, their carers and those working in older people's services to understand what is meant by dignity and how it can be embedded into practice.
Resources and support to help implement the Care Act 2014
This guide aims to improve safeguarding practice in housing.
Supporting staff to do their job well to improve outcomes for people who use services.
This guide explains how services can improve access to care for people with autism and meet the requirements of the Department of Health's Autism Strategy.
The purpose of this guide is to support commissioners and providers of social care services to work effectively with refugees and asylum seekers.
Part of Care Act 2014
This film looks at what is meant by a strengths-based approach and how practitioners, through the assessment process, can enable people to be at the centre of their own care and support needs.
Resources created to support people with dementia, their carers and staff working in dementia services providing practical tips, tools and activities to help you in your work with dementia