Making Safeguarding Personal
Developing a safeguarding culture that focuses on the personalised outcomes desired by people with care and support needs who may have been abused is a key operational and strategic goal. SABs, therefore, may want to consider the role they can play in embedding the ‘Making Safeguarding Personal’ approach across agencies by establishing and developing:
- a broader participation strategy
- accessible information to support participation of people in safeguarding support
- a focus on qualitative reporting on outcomes as well as quantitative measures
- person-centred approaches to working with risk
- policies and procedures that are in line with a personalised safeguarding approach
- strategies to enable practitioners to work in this way, by looking at the skills they need and the support they are getting to enable this shift in culture.