Improving mental health and emotional wellbeing support for children and young people in care.
Department of Health project to improve mental health and emotional wellbeing support for children and young people in care system
- Do you have experience of the care system? Have you used or tried to use mental health services? Do you want to make a change? Make your contribution here
- Call for evidence: Effective practice relating to models of care and care pathways, supported by evaluation data and/or experts-by-experience feedback
- Two stakeholder events for Professionals and children and young people’
SCIE has been commissioned by the Department of Health to develop:
- care pathways based on the young person’s journey through the system
- models of care to inform the organisation and configuration of services
- quality principles to help measure high-quality and effective care
- products and plans to support implementation of the pathways, models and principles.
The project is being guided by an expert group of people from across the social care, health, education and voluntary sectors.
Further information about the project, its aims and its expert group.
How the project will run and who will get involved
Role and membership of the expert group, and minutes from the care expert group meetings.
Register your interest to find out more about this project as it develops.
Evidence on children and young people’s views on, and experiences of, mental health and wellbeing. The guidance will be co-produced with young people.
Blogs, videos and comments from the expert group on looked after children and mental health