Managing poor performance - Examples of misconduct
Misconduct is covered by disciplinary procedures: these examples are given to illustrate the type and level of behaviour that you would be justified in finding unacceptable: they do not, of course, provide an automatic mandate for action unless contained within a formal agency procedure.
Examples of acts of misconduct which could involve the disciplinary procedure include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Refusal or deliberate failure to comply with legitimate management instructions, agency policies or procedures.
- Unauthorised absence from work
- Poor time keeping
- Use of abusive language/behaviour
- Falsehood, e.g. knowingly or through wilful neglect make any false, misleading or inaccurate oral or written statement or entry in any record or document made, kept or required for the purpose of the agency
- The loading and/or using of non-authorised software onto agency computer equipment.
- Acts of harassment.