SCIE Knowledge review 16: Improving social and health care services
By Rebecca Fauth and Michelle Mahdon.
Published: November 2007
Social and health care services have made great strides in identifying their values and vision for the future in order to achieve successful change and improvements. This knowledge review explores the processes and actions that have proven most effective in bringing about and sustaining improvement in social and health care services. The findings focus on three key action points that organisations should implement at all stages of an improvement programme:
- leadership that propels change and improvement
- employee involvement and participation in improvement
- stakeholder involvement and participation in improvement.
Download knowledge review
- Knowledge review 16 (930kb PDF file).
- summary of Knowledge review 16 (169kb PDF file).
- Welsh summary of Knowledge review 16 (65kb PDF file).