SCIE Report 39: Protecting adults at risk: London multi-agency policy and procedures to safeguard adults from abuse
Produced by the Social Care Institute for Excellence with the Pan London Adult Safeguarding Editorial Board
Published: January 2011
Review: January 2014
Protecting adults at risk represents the commitment of organisations in Greater London to work together to safeguard adults at risk. The policy and procedures are for different agencies and individuals involved in safeguarding adults, including managers, professionals, volunteers and staff working in public, voluntary and private sector organisations. They represent the commitment of organisations to:
- work together to prevent and protect adults at risk from abuse
- empower and support people to make their own choices
- investigate actual or suspected abuse and neglect
- support adults and provide a service to adults at risk who are experiencing abuse, neglect and exploitation.
The procedures aim to make sure that:
- the needs and interests of adults at risk are always respected and upheld
- the human rights of adults at risk are respected and upheld
- a proportionate, timely, professional and ethical response is made to any adult at risk who may be experiencing abuse
- all decisions and actions are taken in line with the Mental Capacity Act 2005.
The report is relevant to all organisations that have reasonability for safeguarding adults at risk in London. Each local partnership in London is asked to adopt this policy and procedures so that there is consistency across London in how adults at risk are safeguarded from abuse.
For the latest developments with Protecting adults at risk: London multi-agency policy and procedures to safeguard adults from abuse visit the Policy and procedures page of our adult safeguarding section.
The report has been created so that you can download the PDF file and add information relevant to you local area to page vi. You will need a copy of Adobe Reader to do this.