SCIE Report 40: Keeping personal budgets personal: learning from the experiences of older people, people with mental health problems and their carers
References and additional resources
- Bartlett, J. (2009) At your service: navigating the future market in health and social care, London: Demos
- Horton, C. (2009) Creating a stronger information, advice and advocacy system for older people, York: Joseph Rowntree Foundation.
- DH (Department of Health) (2010) Putting people first: support planning and brokerage with older people and people with mental health problems, London: DH.
- Audit Commission (2010) Financial management of personal budgets: challenges and opportunities for councils, London: Audit Commission.
- MIND (2009) Personalisation in mental health: creating a vision. Views of personalisation from people who use mental health services, London: MIND.
- DH (Department of Health) (2009) Putting people first: personal budgets for older people – making it happen, London: DH.
- Commission for Social Care Inspection (2008) 'Putting people first: equality and diversity matters 1 – providing appropriate services for LGBT people', Social Care Policy and Practice, no 7, March.
- National Black Carers and Carers Workers Network (2008) Beyond we care too: putting black carers in the picture, London: The Afiya Trust.
- NMDF (National Market Development Forum) (2010) National MarketDevelopment Forum papers Oxford: Institute of Public Care
- Jones, K., Caiels, J., Forder, J., Windle, K., Welch, E., Dolan, P., Early experiences of implementing personal health budgets, PSSRU discussion paper no 2726/2, Canterbury: University of Kent Personal Social Services Research Unit.
- Report 36: Enabling risk, ensuring safety
- Report 37: Personalisation, productivity and efficiency
- At a glance 36: Personal budgets briefing: Learning from the experiences of people with mental health problems and their carers
- Report 20: Personalisation: A rough guide
- Research briefing 20: The implementation of individual budgets in adult social care