Useful resources - Supported self-assessment
Guidance on assessment
- The LGA has a summary of resources available including those on assessment.
- SCIE’s Safeguarding resources.
- SCIE resource on Advocacy.
- SCIE resource on transition to adulthood.
- ADASS Carer’s Policy Network guide to young carers, personalisation and the whole family approach.
- Skills for Care has developed a range of free materials with The College of Social Work to support the adult social care workforce. These include first contact and identifying needs.
- The College of Social Work is developing a curriculum guide to support implementation of the Care Act.
- Carers UK has developed e learning courses for professionals working with carers which include key elements of assessment under the Care Act.
Reflecting on practice
- The Health Foundation have a range of resources around person-centred care. Although these are primarily NHS-focused, they could provide useful prompts for social workers. There is also a summary of the approach available from Helen Sanderson Associates.
- Research in Practice for adults has resources for practitioners in social care relating to the Care Act. Please note it is necessary to belong to a partner organisation in order to access these in full.
- SCIE’s guide to coproduction in social care.