Webinar recording: Co-production with children and families
The Children Act (1989) - 30 years on, where are we now?
The Children Act (1989) was a landmark law giving every child the right to protection from abuse, exploitation and set out ways to safeguard their welfare. Co-production is about working in equal partnership with people using services, carers, families and citizens. For this webinar, SCIE explored in more depth the ‘How’; where might an individual or an organisation start in thinking about how to introduce co-production into their work.
The webinar explored the perspectives of:
- A senior leader and what they did to introduce co-production
- An individual with lived experience and their work to develop co-production across an organisation
- A social worker who has recently introduced a parent and family group in their Local Authority.
- Ryan Wise - Practice Development Manager, SCIE
- Kate Pieroudis - Co-production Development Manager, SCIE
- Tim Fisher - Service Manager - FGC and Restorative Practice , London Borough of Camden
- Chloe Juliette - Researcher, Traverse. Care Leaver
- Richard Devine - Bath and North East Somerset Children’s Services
- Leigh Zywek - Bath and North East Somerset Children’s Services.