Managing medicines in adult social care webinar
A recording of a webinar held by NICE and SCIE on 25 September 2018.
The webinar was presented by:
- Mindy Bhalla - Pharmacist Specialist, Care Quality Commission
- Cherise Gyimah - Care Homes Pharmacist, Croydon CCG and NICE Medicines and Prescribing Associate
- Melanie Weatherley - Chair, Lincolnshire Care Association
- Key NICE recommendations on medicines policies including medicines reconciliation, self–administration and audit
- An overview of the newly published quality standard Medicines management for people receiving social care in the community (QS171)
- Assessing and recording medicines support
- How providers can support self-care and the management of minor ailments in social care
The webinar will be of particular interest to registered managers (care homes and home care services) providing medicines support.