About this project
This was a joint project delivered by the Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) and the British Association of Social Workers (BASW).
It forms part of the wider Building a Digitally Ready Workforce Programme and was funded by Health Education England, and supported by NHS Digital.
BASW: Ruth Allen, Godfred Boahen, Luke Geoghegan
SCIE and SCIE associates: Ewan King, Nimal Jude, Iris Steen, Jennifer Collieson, Shirish Gandhi, Christina Webster
Associates: Amanda Taylor-Beswick, Queens University Belfast (formerly University of Central Lancashire)
The project was supported by an Advisory Group, chaired by Dr Denise Turner, Senior Social Work Lecturer, London Metropolitan University. The following organisations contributed to the Advisory Group. Other individuals and organisations contributed via online surveys, telephone calls, meetings and focus groups.
- Action for Children
- Association of Directors of Adult Social Services
- BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT
- Department for Education
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Doncaster Children's Services Trust
- East Sussex County Council
- Faculty of Clinical Informatics
- Health Education England
- Joint University Council Social Work Education Committee
- PSW Adults Network
- PSW Children and Families Network
- Local Government Association
- London Metropolitan University
- National Care Forum
- NHS Digital
- Royal College of Nursing
- SCIE Coproduction Network
- Skills for Care
- Social Work England
The group also included experts by experience: an adult carer, and an adult and young person with experience of using social work services.